The City of Grand Forks, Greater Grand Forks Convention & Visitors Bureau and Rhombus Guys Pizza are thrilled to announce that the Blues on the Red Summer Music Fest made its year five successful debut on June 23. Hundreds of attendees filled Town Square for great music and food!
If you couldn’t make it out; don’t worry. Dates, along with scheduled artists, for the remaining Blues events are as follows:
Saturday, July 28
Headliner – Reverend Raven & the Chain Smokin’ Altar Boys
Opener – The Sky Blues Band
Saturday, August 25 special “Ladies Sing the Blues” night until 12 midnight
Headliner – Sena Ehrhardt
The music begins at 6 p.m. both nights. On July 28, the show will conclude at 10 p.m. However, a special “Ladies Sing the Blues” night will take place on August 25, with the show going until 12 midnight.
There is always a beer garden and food vending area provided by Rhombus Guys. Admission is free and people are encouraged to bring their lawn chairs. In the event of inclement weather, the event will be moved inside to the Empire Arts Center.
Get regular updates about Blues on the Red on Facebook.
Grand Forks is set to kick off National Travel & Tourism Week by celebrating the importance of natural, cultural and historic wonders and how they draw visitors to cities and towns across the nation. During May 5-13, tourism related industries will join together to highlight the valuable role tourism plays in contributing to vibrant communities as great places to visit and live.
In an effort to show our appreciation to visitors and local residents and emphasize the importance of the tourism industry, the Greater Grand Forks Convention & Visitors Bureau is giving away a prize each day during the week. These prizes will help us illustrate the many wonderful offerings available in our Grand Cities. All you need to do to register for the simply grand giveaways (listed below), is click on this link and complete the short form.
- May 5 – One 2lb. box of Chipper’s from Grand Forks’ own Widman’s Candy Store
- May 6 – Greater Grand Forks gift basket
- May 7 – Two World of Outlaw passes sponsored by River Cities Speedway
- May 8 – Two North Dakota Museum of Art Summer Concerts in the Garden season passes (sponsored by ND Museum of Art)
- May 9 – Two 2012 Art & Wine Walk season passes
- May 10 – Round of golf for four along with two cart rentals at Valley Golf Course
- May 11 – Picnic backpack for four along with blanket and three $25 gift cards for L&M Meats, Dakota Harvest Bakers and Happy Harry’s Bottle Shops.
- May 12 – Blues on the Red gift package with one night’s lodging on Saturday, August 25, during “Ladies Sing the Blues”, $50 gift card at Rhombus Guys Pizza and two Blues on the Red t-shirts
- May 13 – Tandem bicycle with “no pressure” seats, basket and bell for those long leisure rides on the Greenway
“This is an important week for those of us who work in tourism, and the Greater Grand Forks Convention & Visitors Bureau is proud to be a part of this industry,” said Julie Rygg, CVB Executive Director. “It is our hope these fabulous prizes will show our appreciation to our visitors and provide a taste of all the great things to do in Greater Grand Forks.”
For information on local and regional tourism opportunities, please contact the Visitor Center (800.866.4566 / firstname.lastname@example.org) and a travel professional will assist you. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter and see other travel reviews on TripAdvisor. With a little research and a spirit of exploration, you’ll be able to discover treasures right outside your door!