The Greater Grand Forks Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) wants to assist visitors in every way we can, so we are starting a new addition to our blog. We are asking members of our team as well as other members of the community to share with us their Five Favorites in the Forks. That way visitors can hear what the locals enjoy with some special hints. We are starting with Shelley who is the Communications Coordinator at the CVB. She is sharing her five picks for shopping, dining and things to do…
- Little Bangkok – Lunch and dinner at Little Bangkok is always a great experience with a variety of Thai and Japanese dishes on the menu including an array of fresh sushi creations. Shelley’s faves include the DeMers Avenue (sushi roll), Drunken Noodles (entree) and Vinho Verde (wine).
- Macy’s – Shelley is always on the lookout for a deal in the coolest trends, and she finds them at Macy’s in the Columbia Mall. She also recommends using the 10% off International Visitor Pass that can be found on the Deals & Discounts section of our website.
- University of North Dakota Women’s Basketball and Volleyball – There is nothing like UND sports. While we know hockey has a huge following, Shelley recommends checking out Women’s Basketball and Volleyball. These teams never disappoint in their home arena of the Betty Engelstad Center and tix are always reasonably priced.
- Walking and jogging the Greenway – Shelley prefers to stroll the Greenway near downtown Grand Forks and East Grand Forks because it easy to stop in a bakery like Dakota Harvest Bakers, get a coffee at Urban Stampede and even do a little shopping at Kittson & 3rd, but the Greenway offers 2,200 acres lining the Red River and Red Lake River in Grand Forks and East Grand Forks with many options. There are kinds of recreational, cultural, historical and natural resource opportunities. Not only can you walk and jog, but you can use the Greenway for rollerblading, biking, canoeing, kayaking, fishing and even golf.
- River Cinema 15 in East Grand Forks is a favorite stop for Shelley after dinner at Little Bangkok. They offer the newest releases in auditoriums with stadium seating, rocker seats, DTS digital sound and 3D digital movies.
What do you think of Shelley’s faves? Do you have any suggestions to add?