The Greater Grand Forks Convention & Visitors Bureau team had a great time supplying “simply grand” hospitality over the weekend to Art Fest artists and vendors! Our group spends the weekend assisting with set up and tear down while also supplying snacks and beverages to the artists during both days of the event!
We couldn’t do it without the help of our partners though, so we extend many thanks to the following:
- University of North Dakota for the use of their mules
- Acme Rents for the use of their mules
- Simmons Flint for the use of space (and lunch during our packing party)
- Grand Forks Herald for complimentary copies of the newspaper to distribute
- Grand Forks City Mosquito Patrol for assistance with setup
Congratulations to the North Valley Arts Council for another successful Art Fest! We are looking forward to partnering again in 2013!
Now we are on to the 2012 Art & Wine Walk season, which kicks off on Saturday!
Nothing beats listening to talented musicians, outside, on a beautiful summer evening. If you agree, we’ve got some great news from you – the popular North Dakota Museum of Art Concerts in the Garden series is back again this summer! Dates, along with scheduled artists, are as follows:
- Dessa with the Sob Sisters (hip hop/rap) – June 19 @ 7 p.m.
- William Elliott Whitmore (banjo-driven blues/folk) – July 17 @ 7 p.m.
- The Pines with June Panic (indie rock/Americana/country) – July 24 @ 7 p.m.
- The David Wax Museum (indie rock/Mexican folk/Americana) – August 7 @ 7 p.m.
- She Keeps Bees (indie rock/soul) – August 21 @ 7 p.m.
Be sure to bring a lawn chair or blanket plus several of your friends. All the fun takes place in the Museum’s sculpture garden, on the University of North Dakota campus, located at 261 Centennial Drive. Tickets are $8 in advance, $10 at the door and free for those 12 and younger. There will also be food and beverages available for purchase. More information may be found on the Museum of Art website.